Big thank you to Julia at Style and Cheek for nominating me! If you don't know her already...well...you need to. Her content is filled with dedication, variety and loads of helpful tips!
Not sure what this award is? The Liebster Award is given from one blogger to another as a way build the community and spread the word about new(er) bloggers. There are different variations of the "rules", but primarily you answer 11 questions given to you by your nominator, nominate a few more bloggers for the award (I've seen anywhere from one to ten), then write 11 different questions that your nominees are to answer. It's a great way to find out a little more about the people you love!
Let's get down to business. Here are my answers to Style and Cheek's questions!
1. Who was your style icon growing up? And who is your style icon now?
Kate Moss was definitely my style icon growing up. She was tall, skinny and sexy...everything I wasn't...but while I couldn't make myself grow, I could lose the weight and change up my style. She helped influence a lifestyle change that would forever alter how I felt about myself and my fashion choices.
As I've...*cough cough* matured...Miranda Kerr & Olivia Palermo have greatly influenced my style. They depict the perfect mix of chic, feminine and casual.
2. What’s your favorite hot sauce?
Cholula, oh Cholula. No matter how many times I try something new, I always come back to you.
3. What little things make you smile?
Old people walking hand in hand, people who write in cursive, old books, the sound of halyards clanking on a mast, baby laser noises, and seeing people singing in their car.
4. What is your go-to brunch cocktail?
Usually a mimosa...so unoriginal. If I'm looking for something warm, hot chocolate with Kahlua.
5. Name five places you’d love to visit.
English countryside & London, Virgin Islands, anywhere in Ireland, Martha's Vineyard, anywhere in Scotland
6. How did where you grew up influence your style?
I grew up on a small island where Merrell's and frizzy hair were the trend...Influence isn't exactly the word I'd use. Divert perhaps is better...All I knew is I wanted to look nothing like the people I was surrounded by. Ha.
7. What do you hope to accomplish in 2015?
Expansion & change. I really hope 2015 will be a big year for me. First, get married. Check! Now that wedding planning is done (boo) it's time to focus on my other loves! A few things I'm planning already are upping my blog game, going back to school (this time to become an esthetician), and chopping off my long hair that I've had since I was little (eeee *bites nails*).
8. What do you love about blogging? Writing, the creative aspects, the community?
Blogging allows me to share my true passion with others. To know that by sharing this info it might help someone...even if it's just one person.
After moving to a new city where I knew no one, it was difficult to make friends...Being apart of such an amazing community allowed me to connect with people who love beauty as much as I do! The community can be a beautiful and frightful world at the same time, but making friends and finding people who truly admire your work is humbling and thrilling.
9. What song(s) have you been listening to on repeat lately?
Taylor Swift 1989 album...specifically Wildest Dreams...I know... :\
10. What’s your current favorite “guilty pleasure” tv show?
Outlander - BEST book series to best TV show!
11. Do you consider yourself an introvert? Or an extrovert?
Definitely an extrovert...but a very homey extrovert...if that makes sense. Yes.
- Chelsea - MAKING HOME BASE
- Kitty - KITTYHEARTSBLOG
- Nicola - NICOLA FAYE BLOG
- Katrina - THE DEMURE MUSE
- Justine - ACCORDING TO JUSTINE
- If you could sum up your personal style in five words, what would they be?
- What was your biggest accomplishment in 2014?
- What is the #1 thing on your wish list right now?
- If you could meet one blogger, who would it be? Why?
- What is one hobby you've always wanted to do?
- What is the most helpful tip you've ever received in regards to your blog?
- Describe your best friend in three words.
- What picture is on your computer desktop background right now?
- You're broke and you have to sell everything you own. You can only keep the clothes on your back and ONE item. What would that item be?
- If you could only shop at one store for the rest of your life, what store would you shop at?
- How has blogging changed you?
I can't wait to see all of your answers!