Today I have for you a beauty haul, woo! With all the hype around Jouer products, I reallllly wanted to try some, but getting my hands on their products wasn't easy in my area. When it comes to beauty products, I'm an instant gratification type of gal. I don't like to order them, I want to go pick them up to touch and feel.
After finally finding Jouer's Matte Moisture Tint and loving it, I knew I wanted to try more of their products. And as if the Jouer gods heard my plea, I received a promo in my email that offered three free full size lip products with the purchase of any of their bags. I just couldn't pass this up!
After much deliberation and a gazillion swatch searches later, I decided on seven lip products (went a little crazy) and the bag I wanted.
- Two Hydrating Lipsticks - These were both a hit and miss for me. While extremely hydrating as the name suggests, the color payoff left something to be desired. Both colors required numerous swipes before I began to see the color. Note: I have quite bright lips naturally, so I often search for nudes to tone down this color. Results may be different for persons with more neutral lip colors. As a result of having to pack this product on, I felt that if my lips were dry prior to applying, the pigment pooled in the cracks no matter what application method I used. That being said, for a more natural makeup day, the hydrating benefits would cause me to reach for this product. The texture is ultra creamy as if you've applied butter to your lips. And can we just talk about the packaging? Gold, sleek, and heavy. Beautifully done.
- Meg - creamy honey pink
- Gigi - creamy true nude
- Three Moisturizing Lip Glosses - Out of all of the products I purchased, the lip gloss was what I had heard most about. I feel like people love them or just find them mediocre. Personally, I love them! Until this past year, I've never been much of a gloss person. But recently, I feel there's been an slew of products that now work for my overly sensitive lips. I couldn't be more thrilled! I was pleasantly surprised with Jouer's abundance of colors, offering 32 shades. Like all of their lip products, their lip glosses are not tacky and glide on my lips like satin. The creamy formulas offer decent color payoff, and the sheer shimmers are subtly romantic.
- Mist - sheer baby pink with shimmer
- Starfish - sheer peach with champagne shimmer
- Nude - warm creamy nude
- One Lip Sheer - This is the one product I haven't tried enough yet to accurately develop my opinion. As for first impressions, I felt the packaging was beautiful and heavy (FYI, heavy for me is a good thing :P ). The product was smooth with a sheer hint of color...Everything it promises to deliver. Additionally, unlike the other products, this lip sheer has an SPF 15 which is great for the sunny weather that's finally coming out to play! Remember, your lip skin is the most sensitive of all the skin on your body. It too needs to be protected!
- Capri - sheer baby pink
- One Lip Enhancer - This is the first lip product that promises to plump and doesn't dry out my lips. Enriched with Vitamin E, Shea Butter and Jojoba Oil, within the first day of use I noticed my lips were noticeably softer. Unlike most lip treatments which can be thick and tacky, this product allows for a sheer, smooth application without compromising results. You're left with soft lips and beautiful sheen that almost mimics a satin lip gloss. The package says "For softer, fuller lips apply 3 times daily for 29 days." I haven't used it but for a week, but I am putting the promise to the test. I'll update this review at the end and let you know how it goes!
- Essential Lip Enhancer
- One "It" Bag in Ooh La La Pink - I love this bag more than I thought I would. Measuring at 9" W x 6 1/2" H, I first thought this would be a little small when I ordered it. But after using it, it's turned out to be the PERFECT size. Advertised as a makeup bag, it doubles as a clutch. It's the perfect size to fit in my purse, but I find I reach for it as a stand alone more. The color is best described as a nude with a pink undertone, perfect for matching with any outfit! And the leather...oh the leather...you are so soft I could pet you all day :) I'm not one to usually purchase makeup bags more than $20, simply because they get dirty to quickly. So, the $65 price tag would've been hard for me to swallow without the free lip products. But now that I have it, I want to buy three more just to make sure if I lose it or it gets dirty, I won't be without it! So, if your anything like me and don't always want to carry a purse, but a wristlet is to small, I would definitely recommend the splurge for this product.
Overall, I'm still quiet happy with Jouer products. What would you recommend I try next? Let me know in the comments below! xx