Today is a sad day. It is the day I resolve that it is true...my FAVORITE lipstick in the world is, in fact, lost. I have checked EVERY corner of my home, each jacket and purse pocket and every car to no avail.
So, I write this review as a tribute to my long lost lipstick, the best lipstick ever...Marc Jacobs Lovemarc Lip Gels.
On August 9th, 2013 Marc Jacobs released his first ever cosmetics line, and he did not disappoint. The makeup was as luxurious as the brand itself. While the eyeshadow palettes were amazing, his lip line stole my heart - Lovemarc Lip Gels.
For a girl who has the worst chapped lips ever, my biggest issue is finding a lipstick that not only moisturizes, but looks good while doing so. If not applied right, so many lipsticks look TERRIBLE on me. I dream of having perfect lips one day...but until that day comes, I will constantly search for the best lipstick.
Well, dun da da dunnnnn! I found my new favorite! I cannot say enough good things about this product. It's available in 16 different shades of amazing, with a formulation to match.
Currently I have purchased two shades:
- 122 All the Way - a rich coral/orange
- 112 Severine - a warm beige (my absolute favorite shade in the world!!! Truly a "your lips but better" nude.)
I wish I could've swatched them for you, Lovlies...if only I hadn't lost it :( I will update with swatches as soon as I replace my Severine.
Each shade glides on so smoothly with it's gellified consistency. With great pigmentation, these lipsticks can be worn sheer to opaque (depending on the application). And not only is it well pigmented, but the wear time surpassed my expectations! Most creamy lipsticks have a tendency to slide and come off with the simple pat of your napkin, but this lipstick holds up great! I'd say I had an average wear time of 4-5hrs and was left with a nice stain when the product began to wear away. The formulation also has an additional gloss ingredient, making it the perfect on-the-go option.
Looking at the ingredients can be a bit daunting in their chemical form. So, I thought it would be helpful to breakdown the primary function of each one in the order listed on the label.
- Octyldodecanol - Binder, Lubricant
- Polybutene - Binder, Thickener
- Phenylpropyldimethylsiloxysilicate - Gloss
- Polyglyceryl-2 Tetraisostearate - Conditioner
- Ethylene/Propylene Copolymer - Binder, Thickener
- Vp/Eicosene Copolymer - Binder
- Synthetic Fluorphlogopite - Thickener
- Dicalcium Phosphate - Opacifying Agent
- Cetyl Peg/Ppg-I0/I Dimethicone - Conditioner
- Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate - Conditioner
- Ozokerite - Thickening (wax)
- Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride - Fragrance, Conditioner
- Silica - Opacifying Agent
- Hexyl Laurate - Conditioner
- Stearalkonium Bentonite - Gel Former
- Propylene Carbonate - Solvent
- BHT - Antioxidant (anti-aging), Slows Down Deterioration of Product
- Methicone - Helps Water Retention in Skin, Conditioner
- Ethyl Vanillin - Vanilla Scent
- Hydrogenated Coconut Oil - Conditioner
- Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil - Lubricant, Conditioner
- Commiphora Myrrha Resin Extract - Fragrance, Antioxidant (anti-aging)
- Tocopherol (Vitamin E) - Conditioner
- Gardenia Tahitensis Flower - Fragrance, Conditioner
- Tocopheryl Acetate - Antioxidant (anti- aging), Conditioner
- Carmine - Colorant
- Titanium Dioxide - Opacifying agent, Colorant
- Iron Oxides - Colorant
- Red 6 - Colorant
- Red 7 & 7 Lake - Colorant
- Blue I Lake - Colorant
- Yellow 5 Lake - Colorant
- Yellow 6 Lake - Colorant
As you can see, conditioning agents definitely dominate the list. And after using the product consistently, I can truly say my lips looked more supple after use than any other lipstick I've tried. This all while delivering great color payoff and long wear. If there were one lipstick I would recommend, it would be this one hands down.
For now, I must wait until I can get another one after my no spending challenge is complete....Or(!) I could get Cory to get it for me as a Valentine's gift! :P
This product was in my Top 2013 Products and I'm sure it will forever in my favorites so long as they keep making it! Give it a whirl and let me know what you think about it in the comments below!